This policy (together with our terms of website use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which we GEMO CREATIVE by Georgia Mountford (ABN 520 5443 8754) will process any personal data we collect from you, or which you provide to us, in the course of using our site www.gemocreative.com. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 we are the data controller.
When you use our site, there are a
number of ways in which you provide information and other data to us. By using
the site, you consent to us processing and collecting this data, on the terms
and for the reasons which are explained below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
We may use your information to:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- notify you about changes to our service.
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- send you our newsletters from time to time.
If you do not want us to use your information for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data. You can also contact us directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do want to receive information from our carefully selected third parties about goods or services that may be of interest to you, please either opt-in to the offers as you see them by providing your contact details, or tick the relevant box on the form on which you submit your data.
Please note that if you click on, or
no longer apply. Please check the privacy policies of any such external site
before submitting any personal data, as we cannot accept any responsibility or
liability in relation to them.
OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal
information to any of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its
subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985) and also to third parties in the
following circumstances: -
- to any prospective seller or buyer of all (or part of) our business or assets;
- If we are required to do so by law, any applicable regulation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves or others. This may include disclosing to other companies and organisations in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All information you provide to us is
stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using
We take your privacy very seriously and
will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be
aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
INTERACTION & SUBMISSIONS
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you submit an enquiry via our website then this data will be stored and processed by our providers, such as our email platform and may be saved in our customer relationship system CRM or similar database, to enable us to respond to you and keep a record of this correspondence. You may be presented the option to save your name, email address and website in cookies for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. You are able to manage and remove cookies using browser or security tools on your own device.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Types of cookies we use include:
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- We also use analytical cookies on our website which allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it, but they do not identify you individually. They help us to improve the way our website works by ensuring that you are easily able to find what you are looking for on our website.
note that our advertisers and third party web traffic analytic sites may also
You are able to block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to block some or all cookies. If you do block our cookies however, you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. Cookies are an essential element of a functioning website (a shopping cart, for example, cannot work without saving your cart selections somewhere temporarily - either in our database or in a cookie - otherwise your selected items would disappear every time you went to a different page on the site). For this reason, we do not recommend that you disable or block cookies. Instead, we suggest taking a proactive approach to pruning unwanted cookies over time, or you could opt to periodically clear all browsing data and cookies at regular intervals.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
EXTERNAL EMBEDDED CONTENT
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
THIRD PARTY PROCESSORS
Your data may be sent to and/or stored by our trusted suppliers and providers where applicable. For example:
- Visitor comments and contact form submissions may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- Contact details and communication records may be kept in our email delivery platform, such as MailChimp, G Suites and/or Webmail CPanel.
- Information may be maintained in our customer relationship management (CRM) software or similar databases to facilitate the delivery of our service, such as Trello and Google Drive.
- Payments will be processed by merchant gateways such as PayPal and/or Stripe.
- Activity on this website may be logged by Google Analytics, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Data may be transmitted to our hosting provider such as Siteground and via content delivery networks such as CloudFlare CDN.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND ERASE DATA
You have the right under the Data Protection Act to access the information which we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please send your request to email@example.com. In order to meet our costs in responding, we will charge you a fee of $10.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you will receive an exported file of the personal data we have collected about you including information you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
This document was adapted from a template by Small Business Legal Academy and WordPress™